We are in the midst of a climate crisis. To build healthy, sustainable and equitable communities, we must act now. At the Summit, cities will demonstrate that the future we want is possible, and we can create it together.
Mayors from the world’s leading cities are gathering this week in Copenhagen at the C40 World Mayors Summit to reaffirm their commitments to climate action and call for everyone, everywhere to join them in stepping up our response to the climate crisis.
The main Summit will take place on October 10th and 11th. We have an exciting line-up of speakers, including mayors from around the world, and:
• Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris and Chair of C40 Cities
• Frank Jensen, Lord Mayor of Copenhagen
• Michael R. Bloomberg, C40 Board President, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Climate Action and 108th Mayor of New York City
• Al Gore, Former Vice President of the United States
• Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, U.S. Representative for New York’s 14th Congressional District
• Dr. Vandana Shiva, Founder, Navdanya
• Jamie Margolin, Founder, Zero Hour
• Jesper Nygaard, CEO, Realdania
• Kate Hampton, CEO, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation
• And many, many more
Our goal must be to move climate change from the periphery to the heart of all decision making, and leave no one behind as we transition to a green and thriving economy. The climate emergency demands urgent, large-scale action at all levels: join us by tuning into the Summit livestream to hear how climate leaders are building #TheFutureWeWant.